Baked Brie With Caramelised Onion
- Serves 1
- Natural Colours and Flavours
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 90mL SHOTT Peach & Back Tea
- 1 Brie Cheese Wheel
- 1 Sheet Flaky Pastry
- 2 Onions (Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 30mL Water
- 1 Egg
- Garnish: Bread and Fresh Apple Slices
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (fan-bake).
- Melt butter in a frying pan then add the SHOTT Peach & Black Tea, onions and the water.
- Cook over medium heat until the liquid has reduced, and the onion is caramelised.
- Place the onion in the centre of the pastry and place the brie cheese on top.
- Fold the corners of the pastry into the centre of the brie cheese, pressing together so that it is completely sealed.
- Place on a lined tray, seam side down, and brush with the egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stand for 10 minutes before serving then serve with bread or crackers, and fresh apple slices.
Recipe created in New Zealand